Friday, July 22, 2011

Blog Hop again!

Book Blogger Hop
This week's book prompt is:
What genre of books do you wish you could really get into, but you just can't?

I wish I could get more into science fiction. Most of the science fiction that I read are novel manuscripts written by friends. Yet, when I pick up a sci-fi book off the shelves more often than not I get really bored. I wish I could be more interested in this genre, but I am just not. I like dystopian and apocalyptic science fiction, but actual true space-ship and planet exploring science fiction never has interested me as much as other types of fiction. I keep thinking one day I'll find a really good book that will get me hooked into the genre but it hasn't happened yet. Alas.

Tis sad but true.

Thanks for stopping by if you are from the book bloggers hop! I'd love for you to say hi or follow me.(hint! hint! I need more followers! 5 is a very sad number)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 you have 6 followers and I am the sixth! I can't read sci-fi either. My husband loves it but I get lost. Happy weekend and your blog is great.

Just Can't Read Them!

Gamila said...

Yea! Thanks for following! I really appreciate it. Yeah, for some reason when there are space battles with space ships flying all around I can't keep track of where the spaceships fly and get confused. So I get the lost feeling.

Lucy (The Secret Life of Books) said...

Hey just hopping through :)

I agree, spaceships aren't really my scene. I just to think my taste was very eclectic, but since I started my blog I have noticed how much I read Romance!

Lucy
http://lily-bookhaven.blogspot.com/

Laura @ The Shabby Rabbit said...

I haven't read any space-set SyFy since I was in High Schoo. (a verrrrrry long time ago) I used some Star Trek books to get my BF interested in reading. and it worked! But it was never something that I kept up so my interest level must have been pretty low :)

April said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog, commenting on my post and for following me! I hope you found stuff you like when you were looking!! I'm following you back!

Gamila said...

Thanks for following and the comments you all! I hope you liked visiting my blog.