Friday, February 26, 2010

Midnighters: Touching Darkness by Scott Westerfeld



Midnighters 2: Touching Darkness by Scott Westerfeld

In this sequel to midnight hour Jessica and her friends continue to learn more about the midnight hour and how it works. Unfortunately they are learning that the darklings may have a way to communicate with humans, and these humans are out to kill the Midnighters. In order survive they must unravel the secrets behind Bixby’s past and their own powers.


So, I remember being sort of iffy on the first book in these series. It was good and enjoyable, but not amazing. I think this book impressed me a little bit more. I really love the story line with Dess and how she finds out more about Bixby with her math power. She takes all the geographical coordinates in the town and finds places that are hidden from the darklings. Yet, she also finds places that the darklings naturally hang out. That was an interesting story-line to me. In addition Melissa learns how to control her mindcasting powers better, and this time we get to see how her power helps her to find out some of the darklings plans and feelings. Don’t want to spoil too much but Rex also gets an interesting new ability at the end of the story. So, next time I check out books at the library book three of this series will be on my list.

Scott Westerfeld's Website

No comments: