Thursday, August 8, 2013

Catch up and news


So, the blog has been kind of erratic of late. Sorry about that.  Life has been super crazy. I have a backlog of books I’ve read that still need a bunch of reviews written for them. That leads directly into my cool news.

I’m pregnant! Yea! About 20 weeks along currently. I am due on December 25th. Makes me super nervous to go into labor around such a huge holiday considering all the craziness that already ensues during that time, but I’m happy that we are going to have the chance to welcome a new little life into our lives. 

So, I’m trying to keep up with a very active 2 ½ year old, keep the apartment decently clean, feed the family decent food, and keep slogging through the second draft of my novel.  I get tired really easily and a lot of my down time is dedicated to sleep. Sigh. Seems like such a waste of time, but I don’t feel well if I don’t get enough rest. The leftover time is mostly parceled out to writing until I burn out, which happened twice in July. Then I usually read a couple novels or take on other projects until I’m ready to start writing again. Other projects include sewing. For some reason I really like to sew when I am pregnant. It is strange.  

I did okay in the summer reading trek challenge.  I didn’t get as many reviews up as I wanted to during the month. I didn’t even start Road to Bountiful  or finish Cloak. I did read  The House at Rose Creek by Jenny Proctor though. So if I substitute that title I didn’t do too badly.

No comments: