Friday, October 17, 2008

Widow's Revenge by K.L. Fogg


Widow’s Revenge by K.L. Fogg

Wesley Mackey should be the luckiest boy ever. His father is the Snake Stalker on a famous television show, but that doesn’t make his life easier. Instead it makes him the target for bullies, and when he decides to fight back he gets suspended from school. So, Wesley is paired up with a geeky tutor, who used to be a Navy SEAL. Then his baby sister goes missing and it looks like his former “mom” is behind it. Imogene wants to make a swap--Wesley for his baby sister Emily. Being kidnapped is no picnic, but with the help of his parents and friends they may be able to bring the evil Imogene down for good. I’m very happy to report that this is an awesome sequel to the first book in the series. I didn’t like it as much as the first one, but still really enjoyed it. I liked how she developed new characters in the series, and developed stock characters from the first book into more fleshed out characters. The plot is adventure filled, and yet takes time to focus on character development, a combination I adore! I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series; the ending left me wondering exactly what will happen.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

So I have to tell you, on my trip to the East Coast I met one of your roommates from the year before you lived in Bowen. Her name's Michelle, she married my husband's best friend. We both thought it was a funny coincidence. She asked me if i knew you because we were the same major.

Gamila said...

That is really funny! I know who you are talking about. Michelle was a really fun roommate. Small world.